Stuff Under the Header

9/20/2009

Ha, I remembered

Time for another weekly update. Well things have been progressing nicely for the game this week. Coming up in mid October, I might be skipping a week or two as I'll be moving. Yep, going to be moving to California, where in California I will not say, but I will be moving. Its pretty much official at this point.












Keys

So you may have noticed that you can get keys and they are displayed Zelda style on screen and all that. You may be wondering why even bother? They haven't played much of a part for the game. Oh they will, I'm merely marking that a "key -> locked door" system is in place. There will be a very Zelda like dungeon coming up. I've even got a Zelda style map system made. This was actually made before Distorted Travesty was really started. The system is already coded in the game, it's just laying dormant for now. I would be very easy for me to lay out a map for every area, but that would be pretty useless as so far every area is very straight forward. Any area that isn't will use this map system though, and it even lets you know what rooms have items.

Item Locator
The Happy Fun Game had an item locator. DT will have the same and it will work the same as it did in THFG. When you enter a room, you will hear a chime if there is still a collectible or chest you have not found. It will be a mid to late game item.

Status Ailments
Another thing you may have noticed is an item that will make you recover from all status ailments. "What status ailments" you say? They will start to make an appearance, some enemies and traps will be able to inflict various nastiness on you other than damage. All of them are temporary and you will be able to see how long their effects last on screen.
These include, but not limited to:
Poison: Life drain.
Element Lock: Self explanatory.
Spirit & Element Drain.
Cripple: Yes, you can be crippled too.
Blind effect: Oh if only you knew the horrors that this will cause. (Near sighted would be a better term for it, but let's stick to terms we all understand easier.) :P

Other Stuff
I hope you all saw that TellTale Games was giving away the first chapter of Monkey Island for free. O_O I caught it at the last minute, my roommate told me about it. Yay!

No comments: